Community Donations Program
The Rotary Club of Sidney by the Sea receives many requests for support throughout the year. In order to best serve the community, we review and allocate funding on a quarterly basis. Our budget cycle is from July 1 to June 30 and the budget is approved by the club as a whole.
- Our three major areas of community support are youth, families and seniors.
- We prefer to support programs that provide direct service to individuals and communities in need.
- We prefer to support programs that benefit communities on the Saanich Peninsula.
- We only provide funding for projects with measurable results, not for general operating support.
- We only support organizations that are fiscally sound and have demonstrated strong management and accountability practices.
Some of the organizations we have supported in the past include:
- South Island Literacy, Saanich Peninsula
- Mount Newton Centre Society
- Rugged Coast Research Society
- Peninsula Steams Society
- 676 Royal Canadian Kittyhawk Air Cadet Squadron
- Victoria Therapeutic Riding Association
- Saanich Peninsula Youth Clinic
- North Saanich Freeride Park
- Umbrella Society Local Recovery Houses
- Boys and Girls Club
- Extreme Outreach Society
- Beacon Community Services
- ORCCA Dental Clinic Society
- BC Guide Dog Services
- Community Youth Programs
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- Organizations that provide unique services to individuals and/or underserved communities in need, or those which support our causes (Rotary’s Areas of Focus) on the Saanich Peninsula.
- Organizations that have established a clear evaluation process with planned outcomes that support its mission/goals.
- Organizations that have demonstrated willingness to work with the Rotary Club of Sidney by the Sea.
- Organizations that will attend a meeting of the Rotary Club of Sidney to report on progress and results.
- Organizations that will provide significant recognition for the Rotary Club of Sidney by the Sea and Rotary International.
Proposal Content Requirements
- The name, address, phone number, and web address of the organization.
- The name and email address of the contact person familiar with the proposal details.
- An overview of the organization, including a financial statement for the previous year.
- A list of the Board of Directors, if applicable.
- The title of the project for which the organization is seeking funding support.
- A summary (one page maximum) of the project needs, including details about what the project is, why it is needed, who it serves, and how it fits into one or all of the focus areas of the Rotary Club of Sidney by the Sea
- A proposed timeline.
Causes Not Eligible for Funding
- General operating costs.
- For-profit organizations.
- Travel costs, including student trips and tours.
- Political or fraternal organizations, other service clubs or third parties raising funds for charity/not-for-profit organizations.
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of colour, sex, religion, nationality, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Organizations that might in any way pose a conflict with our vision, goals, programs or services.
- Endowment or memorial campaigns.
- Conferences, events or sport/recreational tournaments.
- Advertising or promotional campaigns.
- Publication of books or movie productions.